Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Saints Candy!

Being from Louisiana I just had to make some kind of sweet for the game on Sunday. I thought about all different kinds of things that I could do and nothing really stood out. I could do a cake of course but we were going to a small party and I wanted to try a new technique. So on to the cake supply store I went with nothing in mind (which is a bad thing cause I tend to get carried away there). Up and down the aisles I went and I got caught up in the candy isle. I had heard about candy molds before so I thought "Hey if I can find the perfect mold that might be an idea." Holy cow there are so many different types of molds out there and I knew that I just wasn't going to find anything Saints related down here in Florida. Then I saw it...a label on one of the filing cabinet drawers FLEUR DE LIS! BINGO...SCORE...WHOO HOO! I was so excited. It would be the perfect thing. So I did them and I think they came out great! Here are a few pics of the process and if you are going to the party on Sunday these are for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment