Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Central Florida Fair Cake Competition Wedding Entry


I have just entered the Central Florida Fair Cake Competiton being held February 25-March 7!

So looking for inspiration all I kept thinking was I wanna eat cake! Then I thought of "Let them eat Cake" and Marie Antoinette. Doing some research about her there are Historians that believe that the famous phrase was not uttered by her!

Here is an article about it:  http://europeanhistory.about.com/od/antoinettemarie/a/histmyths4.htm

But hey why cant we still design a cake inspired by her and her style!

This is a preliminary sketch. I will be focusing on the colors and fabrics. Many things that were of her style including ruffles, feathers, and bows! Keep checking back for updates about the fair and the outcome!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment