Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cake tasting for charity this Saturday August 8

Cake tasting for charity this Saturday August 8

Author: Rachel Joyce
Rachel Joyce is an Examiner from Orlando. You can see Rachel's articles on Rachel's Home Page.

I admit it. I bashed Twitter as a waste of time and a terrible distractor for office workers when it first arrived on the online networking scene. Now I would like to redact my criticisms because as a new tweeter I was connected to Cajun Cakery, a local cake bakery specializing in making artful pastries. Not only did I discover a great new food establishment I also found out about the incredible event Cake Artist Sarah Mason is hosting at Downtown Orlando's Vixen Lounge this Saturday August 8th, 2009 from 5:30pm-8:30pm. The concept is a simple and elegant fundraiser; come taste Sarah's cakes of Cajun Cakery for $10 and all the proceeds will be donated to The Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida.

Hopefully we will see foodies and fundies alike, but if I am stuffing my face with copious amounts of cake, please let me be in my bliss of cultivated sugar and charity.

Event Details:

Who: Everyone who loves cake will indulge in cakes from the Cajun Cakery to benefit the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida.

What: $10 for a cake tasting.

Where: Vixen Lounge 118 S Orange Ave Downtown Orlando, FL 32801-3204

When: Saturday August 8, 2009. 5:30PM-8:30PM

Why: Because cake is good and charity is even better.

How: Find $10, pay at the door, and then stuff your face.



Posted using ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment